Line in the Sand: Stories about making a point, taking a stand, or breaking a pattern
January 12 , 2010 at Town Danceboutique
A night of true tales told live
- Doors open at 6:30pm
- Show starts at 8pm
- Must be 21 and must have ID.
- 2009 8th St, NW,Washington, DC, 20009 near corner of U Street
- $10 cover at door – cash-only
- $10 cash-only additional for all-you -can-eat buffet provided by Nellie’s Sports Bar. This month: Pasta night
•Bow tie pasta with Marinara (tomato/basil)
•Penne pasta with Bolognese (beef)
•Gnocchi with cream sauce
- Full bar – Now accepting credit cards!
- Street parking or paid lot next door $10 or take Green or Yellow line to U St/Cardozo and exit on 10th Street side. Walk two blocks east (away from African American Civil War Memorial. Turn left at 8th St. (you’ll see bright yellow Tropicana Restaurant. ) Town is less than a half a block on the right.
- There is an ATM on the premises.
To sign up for open mic
Fill out the online form in advance using the drop-down box to indicate the night you want to perform. You will have seven minutes to tell your story. We are strict about this, so don’t go over or you will be cut off. Also, you must tell a true story (again, it’s not a stage for stand-up, poetry, readings, fiction, or folktales) and you must incorporate the theme. You will be contacted 3-4 weeks before the specified show to arrange a free (and mandatory) coaching session with our Education Director, Stephanie Garibaldi. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions (Please do not use this address to sign up. This is only for questions.)
Tentative line-up(alphabetical order)
Leave a Reply
Storytelling Boot Camp – A one-day crash course in the art of telling a story (CLASS FULL JOIN WAITLIST)
December 7, 2013
December 10, 2013
January 10, 2014
January 14, 2014
Tweets coming soon!