Class: Storytelling Boot Camp – A one-day crash course in the art of telling a story
Saturday, November 17, 2012
9:30am-4:30pm (with 45 min lunch)
Mount Vernon Place United Methodist Church
900 Massachusetts Ave, Washington, DC 20001
$150 if paid by November 3
$165 AFTER November 3
18 students max with three instructors
THIS CLASS IS FULL. NEXT BOOT CAMP IS ON DEC 15, 2012.
Interested in telling your personal stories but can’t commit to our four-week Storytelling 101 course? Storytelling Boot Camp is the perfect one-day kick-in-the-ass to get you started telling stories. In this class you will leave with:
- Several story ideas for future development
- An understanding of story structure and the qualities of a good story
- An idea of different ways to go about developing your story
- Multiple ideas from your peers and the instructors about how to strengthen your story
- Experience using character in your stories
- One story that you have practiced three times and begun to shape
- A better ear for storyNew friends and creative network
Mount Vernon Place United Methodist Church (MVPUMC) is very close to the Gallery Place/Chinatown or Mount Vernon/Convention Center Metro stations. Metered street parking may be available, but might not be easy to find. There are paid lots in the area. NOTE: The entrance is hard to identify. Mount Vernon Place Church has a newer section attached to the older building. The class is in the newer part. If you are on Mass Ave. looking at the building, that means to the right. There’s an entrance in front of the circular driveway. You may think it’s not the same building, but it is.
Leave a Reply
January 10, 2014
January 14, 2014
January 15, 2014
January 21, 2014
Tweets coming soon!